Flowers and plants are extremely useful in creating good feng shui. Everyone loves fresh flower arrangments as they bring good vibes and great energy into the home. However, good feng shui can quickly be transformed into bad energy, so please note the following:
- Rotting, wilting flowers – there is nothing worse! Fresh flower arrangements should be thrown out as soon as they start to wilt, as the energy will quickly turn bad.
- Dried flowers are not good for they represent yin energy. Anything dead or decaying creates an excess of yin energy. When ever there is an excess of either yin or yang energy, it creates unbalanced energy which is not harmonious at all.
- Flowers and plants create a lot of yang energy which is why they are generally not suited for your bedroom. Placing flowers or plants in the bedroom makes it excessively yang and may create difficulty in resting calming or sleeping soundly. However they are most suitable for people that are sick and would be excellent in the bedroom since they bring precious yang energy to those suffering or recovering from an illness.
- Cactus plants usually contain deadly thorns and create bad energy when placed inside the home or office. Think of the thorns as tiny poison arrows that could create misfortune or loss. Instead move cactus plant outside where they can act as “protectors” and fend off negative chi that may be attacking your home. You can place small ornate cactus plants (no more than 3 plants) on an enclosed porch area where it can be protected from cooler weather. I have a beautiful Christmas Cactus and it will die if I leave it outdoors all year long, so I placed it in our enclosed porch area by the front door. It has the ‘job’ of protecting our front door.
- Bonsai plants suggest stunted growth and are not good feng shui. Even though they can be quite beautiful in their miniature form, they signify blockage to growth making them particularly harmful to relationships, personal growth and business.
Feng Shui is all about creating balance and harmony between nature and your home, property and sacred space. Magickal energies happen when we go with the flow (the productive flow) of nature, not against it (the destructive flow).
~ Rev. Tiffany White Sage Woman