If you’ve been enjoying Feng Shui with me for a while, you know how important it is to develop a greater sensitivity to the energy of our homes. If the energy has grown stale in your love life or marriage, you will first need to clear the negative energy to Balance and revitalize your space.
Here are 8 ways you can do this:
- Clear Negative Energy From Your Sleeping SpaceGive your mattress and pillow a sunbath! At least once a month light fragrant incense and walk around your bed clockwise to remove any lingering negativity. It’s alright if you can’t walk completely around the bed due to the headboard is against the wall. Just walk around the bed and the room with incense. Open the windows if you are able, to let in the fresh yang energy of the outdoor air.
- Clear Clutter From Around Your BedNever place old clothes, books, personal items or memorabilia under your bed. If your bedside table starts piling up with books and other kinds of junk, spend some time each month to sort through and put things back where they belong.
- Purify Your Bed SpaceUse saffron water to cleanse the space your bed occupies. Sprinkle the saffron water as you walk three times around the bed in a clockwise direction. Saffron is a very powerful substance for purifying space. Do this cleansing ritual at least once a month. If you are not familiar with saffron water, click here more details, including a recipe.
- Balancing Yin and YangWhen the air is especially dry or polluted, spray the air with water droplets to restore the balance. I also like to use a natural enzyme spray. The yin and yang balance of air in the home exerts tremendous energy on the prevailing mood of family members.
- Energize the Southwest with Yellow and or GoldIf you can, paint the SW wall of your bedroom yellow and have gold accessories. (Such as photo frames, curtains, pillows, candles, etc.) This part of your bedroom should not be cluttered. Keep this area free of unwanted junk and a least once a week spend a few minutes clearing away whatever has accumulated in your SW area of your bedroom.
- Balance Negativity By Visualizing Rays of LightStand outside your house and look at your house. Close your eyes and imagine the sun as a throbbing ball of powerful, nourishing white energy sending out rays of light from the sky, moving slowly and benevolently into your home and bedroom.
- Protect Your RelationshipNever have a body of water or fountain to the left of the bedroom door (when you are looking from the inside of the room facing out). Also don’t have two separate mattresses concealed under the sheets, have a water fountain in your bedroom, huge pictures of water over your bed, or have mirrors or a TV reflecting your bed.
- Keep This OUT of Your Bedroom
Stay connected… with your partner, not your phone.
We’re all so addicted to our devices today that it seems people cannot be without them for even a moment! We just have to stay connected. But it’s important to remember to keep them out of your bedroom. Computer screens act just like mirrors due to their reflective surfaces and may cause conflicting energies between you and your partner to develop.
Don’t lose the ability to talk to your partner, kids, family and friends. Don’t let your work come between you and your family. Your bedroom should be much more of a YIN than yang place with quiet and calm energies that nurture a loving relationship. Stay connected with your family and your partner…not just your phone or laptop.
~ Rev. Tiffany White Sage Woman