Candida (yeast) infections are on the rise; mostly due to side effects from medications, poor diet and alcohol use.
It is one of those sneaky diseases that develops over the years, presenting with symptoms that are vast and non-specific. I would have to say that over 80% of my patients have some degree of this fungal infection, many of who believe it is something else going on in their body.
Small amounts of the Candida fungus are usually present in the mouth, digestive tract, and skin of most healthy people. It is normally kept in check by other (good) bacteria and microorganisms in the body. However, illness, stress, medications and poor diet can disturb this delicate balance, causing the fungus Candida to grow out of control and create a vast array of diverse symptoms.
Here is a basic list of Candida overgrowth symptoms:
1. Skin and nail fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus
2. Feeling exhausted, or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
3. Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, diarrhea
4. Autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, IBS
5. Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, brain fog,
6. Skin issues like eczema, psoriasis, hives and rashes
7. Irritability, mood swings, anxiety or depression
8. Vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching
9. Seasonal allergies or itchy ears
10. Strong cravings for sugar and refined carbohydrates
And a basic list of simple nutrients to take daily to do away with it:
1. Probiotics and FOS (fructo oligosaccharides) daily
2. Capryllic acid or coconut oil
3. Pau d’arco (capsule or tea)
4. Oil of oregano
5. Grapefruit seed extract
6. Black walnut oil
It may take several months before you feel a shift back to health from the Candida overgrowth. Persistence is key. During this time period, you must avoid all carbohydrates and sugars, as this will continue to feed the fungus.
An important factor to also consider is that Candida thrives in the presence of mercury. As long as you have mercury silver fillings in your teeth, it may be extra difficult to get completely past the Candida infection.
So if you have mercury amalgam fillings, you might seriously think about getting them replaced sooner, not later.
Idelle Brand DDS, FAGD, FIND, CNC, CHt, RMT is a holistic dentist, multifaceted integrative healer and teacher of diverse complementary healing modalities. She is the founder of Enlightened Dentistry™, a new paradigm of holistic dental care that encompasses healing of the body, mind and spirit.
Join her at: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
Author: My Secrets to Regaining Health Enlightened Indigo Child